Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Retro Rectangles


You know how you keep (well, I do, at least) printouts of older projects, especially of cards that show ways to use the myriads of stamps you have bought?  I was looking through my old files and a card showing this technique (and layout, if I may be truthful) caught my eye.  The stamp (and idea) is from Hero Arts, and it has been just sitting in a drawer and was calling out to me--"I'm here--don't forget about me!"  it said in a loud annoying way (you know how they can whine!).  So I pulled it out and made a couple of cards.  The tree images are stamped on glossy white cardstock with Versamark and then inked over with shades of Colorbox chalk ink.  They look like the weather lately--a hint of fall in the air with the cooler air from the hurricane (although the sun is out bright today).  My ribbon got a wrinkle in it on the right side as I applied it, due to running out of xyron before running out of ribbon.  So I hopefully camouflaged it with some adhesive felt--don't tell me it doesn't go with the card--don't want to hear it.  I think this will do for an all-purpose male birthday card, even though it screams "Happy Autumn!"   I like the texture on this card--the ribbon, the thin mulberry mat, the embossed section, and the glossiness of the trees.  Very tactile!

No comments:

Post a Comment