Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tagalicious Tuesday

 I like the delicate coloring on this spring-like tag.  The techniques are actually studies in texture.  The background has resist stamping as well as embossing.  The fluffy paper adds to the texture.  The center of the large flower is deep thermal embossed with a swathe of pearlescent alcohol ink over the top.  For fun I added the little circular tag at the top, which I made from scrapbooking paper.
This tag was inspired by the beautiful tag Alice showed me made from Martha Stewart All Over the Page punch.  She had done a card using a heart and beads.  I chose the butterfly and beaded the body.  Buttonhole twist makes the antennae, but they are hard to distinguish from the stamped foliage in this picture.  I used alcohol ink on acetate behind the butterfly, added an alcohol inked fragment charm and continued the Martha Stewart theme with the punched border.

No comments:

Post a Comment