Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


Tomorrow I will be presenting this card.    I saw a card on the Hobby Lobby Facebook page a week or so ago that used this die, and I decided to go with a sewing theme, too.  I used Girl's Paperie as the background, and then inked around it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I cut the mannequin from Tim Holtz' Sewing Room die, and the scissor cut out is from the Cricut Sentimental's cartridge.  I distressed both with crackle paint.  Adding a lot of Tim Holtz embellishments completes the look, along with some stray buttons.  The inside features the same die cut with a special greeting.  I know sewing was really big with my mother and grandmother, and I used to sew a lot when my son was little. I made all his Halloween costumes and even some of his shirts.  I like the saying:  "Women are like buttons...they hold things together."  I hope you have a happy Mother's Day tomorrow, whether you are a mother, daughter, grandmother, or just a special woman in someone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment