Sunday, September 10, 2017

3D Collage Shadowbox--Sew Crazy



This shadowbox was so fun to make!  I used a Tim Holtz book-style configurations shadow box for the base and painted it white.  I added various papers to it, collaged on the front, and filled the boxes with all sorts of sewing goodies and ephemera.  Love it!  And I love making these--very fun, although they take time do make.  I just kept a side of my work table reserved for it and everytime I went into my craft room I did something to add to it.  Plus, I had a good search through all my "stuff" to find just what I needed for each compartment.  I have been collecting sewing stamps and sewing themed scrapbook embellishments for years.  This was just the project to showcase them. 

Sewing was always such a part of my life--and still is.  My mother and grandmother sewed all our clothes growing up.  I sewed for myself, my husband and my son, and made all his Halloween outfits.  I later made quilts by the dozens and did countless needlework projects.  I have lately been making little felt stuffies as gifts for the Children's Church on birthdays.  

I don't know what I will do with this creation, but right now I think it looks just fine on my dresser.  Below is the front of the box.  




No comments:

Post a Comment