Monday, June 7, 2010

Plaid Background

I loved making this plaid background! I used Hero Arts Box Plaid S5369 and inked it first all over with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Mustard. I then colored about every third stripe with the edge of a Rusty Hinge pad. Then I turned the stamp a quarter way around and inked every third stripe with Barn Door. I then misted the colors and stamped on a white card. After it dried I cut the squares out and edged them with the Barn Door pad, streaking a little extra red on some parts of the squares. I then set the squares into a tile background using some dimensional adhesive of varying heights. Big dog, saying, and potholders also from Hero Arts. Chef's hat from Cat's Pajamas. Oh, I used the following Copics to color the dog: E15, E33, E57, and E55. I started with the darkest color around the edges of the dog, put the lightest color, which is a little pinkish, around the front part of his face, and then blended away. He is stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento, which adds to the brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment