Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Note Card Set

I just finished this beautiful notecard set as a sample for our October Hero Arts club meeting at Stamp Antonio.  I got the idea from an out of print book featuring PSX stamps.  Each card features a stamped vellum overlay and the card holder is folded corrugated cardstock held together with ribbon.  These stamps are all from Hero Arts--wood -mount "Real Blossom" K5414 and the clear stamp set "Just Find Me" CL 434.  I love the beautiful script of the sentiments on that set.  I used Pink Pizazz and Lavender Ancient Page inks on the vellum.  You can see the lavender ribbon on the original notecard I made, but I ran out of lavender ribbon and had to use a silver one on the remaining cards.  This set would make a lovely gift and could be adapted to any occasion.  Our monthly theme for October is "Botanical" and I made several examples using other flower/plant stamps from Hero Arts using not only Ancient Page dye ink but also chalk inks and Tombow markers.  I hope you will be able to come to the event this coming Thursday or Friday, where you, too, can create this lovely set.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment