Monday, October 10, 2011

Tagalicious Tuesday


This little tag card is an idea given to me by Rosemarie, who wanted to do a tag in honor of breast cancer survivors. I think it came out rather pretty. I used one of the silhouette girls from Hero Arts for the stamped image. This paper is one of my favorites, the chiffon and light aqua from a discontinued line by Luxe called "Cashmere Sweater". The paper has large circles of light aqua on an ivory background on one side, and I die cut the ovals for the silhouette from those circles. The adage ticket is of course Tim Holtz. The focus for the class will be the embossed "wallpaper" background, using Tattered Rose embossing powder by Tim Holtz for Ranger.


Childhood scenes have a way of staying in your mind, and often they are not remembered the way they actually are. This tag is reminiscent of my Great Aunt Addie's front room, which was neither decorated in shades of aqua or teal nor did it have a chandelier, yet in some way these new images from Hero Arts reminded me of that scene. I think I am remembering tone and texture, rather than actual artifacts. I remember she kept lovely romantic pictures above the piano and graceful antimacassars on the upholstered furniture. She and my other aunts would crochet these by the hour. I call this tag "Addie's parlour" in her honor. Of course, participants in the tag class will be able to add their own pictures. Who doesn't have an Aunt Addie?

No comments:

Post a Comment