Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crown Jewels ATC's


The theme for this month's ATC trade was "Crown Jewels".  I made all sorts of glittery goodness, as you can see in the photo above.  I used 2" sized chipboard squares and heat embossed them with Clearsnap Copper pigment ink and a combination of Ranger UTEE, gold and copper embossing powders.  While the layers of embossing powder were still hot I impressed a crown stamp (Postmodern Design) into the molten mess.   I then used red and ginger alcohol inks to add to the color.  This is a very fun technique--making deep thermal embossed tiles.  The fun part is sprinkling in all sorts of different powders for a unique look.   To further embellish the tiles once they were on the inked, stamped, and be-ribboned cards, I added tiny gold beads with Glossy Accents as an adhesive.  They really look like treasure!  Lastly, I composed a bit of prose to add some text to my creation.  I had fun at the trade.  All the cards were imaginative and the company fun to be with.  ATC's--a way to share your art with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment