Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I hope you had a . . .

Merry Christmas!


I bought a few last minute Christmas gifts for family and needed some wrapping.  I did not want to go to the store on Christmas Eve!  So I rummaged through my leftover wrapping supplies and found some old Starbucks bags.  I covered the bag with printed paper, then I put my Cricut to work!  I cut the present from the Seasons of Joy cartridge using more printed paper and some maroon cardstock for the bow.  That was pasted on the bag, then I cut a tag with the present cut-out.  I added some glitter paper and more printed paper to the back of the tag, so it shows through the cut-out, then backed the entire tag with white card.  I added a stamped greeting and a fuschia ribbon and attached the tag to the package with foam tape.  I cut the recipient's name from kraft card and added a shadow of maroon with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  I made 5 of these in about two hours!  Everything was from my stash and it was a great use for all those bags I had been stockpiling.  Plus, my family loved the bags!  My sister Linda was delighted that I didn't put her name on her bag (made some gluing errors) because she wants to re-gift it! My sister Melanie was delighted because I used some paper she had given me!  I wish I had got a picture of all five together with the variety of colors and papers I used.  Here's a helpful hint:  When you are cutting a number of names or words with your Cricut at one time, cut the longest name or word twice.  That way you have a "bone pile" of extra letters in case you might inadvertently make a "glueing error"!

And here's one of my latest deer pictures:


I took this one Christmas Eve.  They are hoping you had a Merry Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment