Saturday, November 26, 2016

Fall blessings


When my neighbor had a garage sale some time ago, I picked up a bunch of frames for a very reasonable (yes, cheap) price.  I cleaned them up and am now filling them with holiday images, like the one pictured above.

The image is a Cricut design, cut from Cricut vinyl.  I made tons of mistakes, but I can live with this because I think it suits the frame nicely.  After seeing how it looked in the photo,  I did use my heat gun on it to sort of minimize some of the mistakes and it does look better.

Some things I learned:
  1. Don't reverse weed a design like this.  You keep getting stuck to the vinyl and transfer paper, then it loses its tackiness.
  2. Don't clean the glass with Windex right before you apply the design.  I am not sure my glass was completely dry.
  3. Use a different vinyl.  I am going to order some 651.
Despite the problems, I still like the finished product.  It looks good in my dining room and reminds me to give thanks for the blessings I have been given, some of which include:
  1. The ability and resources to be able to craft.
  2. A beautiful house in which to display my creations.
  3. A loving and supportive husband who indulges my hobby.
  4. An abundant lifestyle that allows time for leisure and play.
  5. Good friends and family who graciously receive the creations I make.
Thank you for looking and may you have a blessed Thanksgiving season.


1 comment: