Saturday, August 5, 2017

Feeling Vintage

Lately I have been wanting to get back into using my Tim Holtz stash and getting all inky with the Vintage look.  I just had a birthday--I wonder if I am feeling "vintage"?!!

So I have been looking through the blogs and found some wonderful inspiration.  Now, keep in mind I haven't been keeping up with Tim's stuff for a while, so while many of my new "finds" are new to me, they may be a couple years old in terms of the craft market, and some may even be already discontinued--a constant reminder to "get it while it's here!"

One of new inspirations is a blogger named Audrey Pettit.  Love her stuff--she is a guest designer for Sizzix and also Thermo-Web, and she is not only getting me hooked on Sizzix dies but also some of the new DecoFoil products.

Here is a link to her card that inspired my first creation below:   https://audreypettit.wordpress.com/2015/05/18/sizzix-tutorial/

And here is my card:


I used the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers typewriter for this card.  Finally found on some blog post somewhere how you can use Ranger adhesive foil to cut the handles, space bar, etc  and still paint the typewriter black (which I cut from grungeboard--do they even make that anymore?)  The large postage stamp background die is from Hero Arts, but the inside postage stamp die I just got from Sizzix.  I am really loving this die.  Here I just inked with Vintage Photo and stamped inky blots all over it.  And you will see I am using my stash:  washi tape, mica die cut shape, baker's twine, metal finding, vintage stickers, and of course burlap.  I am sending this card to my sister Cindy who worked as a secretary her whole life.  (I think "secretary" is now a politically incorrect term, but she was one for many years.)

And here is my companion piece using the vintage phone from the same Movers and Shapers set:


I die cut the phone before I discovered the foil trick, so the center of the phone appears as a white painted blob, which of course, it is.  Again using vintage stickers, washi tape from my stash.  Here is the inspiration for this card from Audrey, who inspired me to color the individual squares from the postage stamp die:

https://audreypettit.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/sizzix-tutorial-lets-explore/

Do take a look at her projects--she is the professional--I'm only sharing my takes on these.

BTW have you seen the new Tim Holtz Halloween idea-ology?  I am sure I have to have all of it.  Brother, can you spare a dime--I have to do online ordering!


No comments:

Post a Comment