Friday, August 11, 2017

Getting Ready for Lemonade Stand


I have been seeing such cute lemonade stands on line, that I decided the church kids should get in on the act.  We have been studying "The Fruits of the Spirit" this summer, and I thought it would be cute for them to host a lemonade stand at fellowship for their last Sunday lesson on this topic.  Of course, we are serving, not selling!  along with chocolate chip cookies!

I made these aprons for the kids to wear.  I had a bunch of leftover sheeting (from when I hosted Roman toga parties for the kids in Latin club days!) so I stitched them into serving aprons.  The design was made on Cricut Design Space and cut on Cricut Iron On Light Printable Vinyl with my Explore Air.  I just love how vibrant the design turned out!  Of course, I wanted pink, but so many of the kids are boys this summer, so I went with blue and orange.

I wanted to make a few more aprons last minute, but I had run out of Cricut printable iron on vinyl.  The Jo Ann's near me was out, but they had a different brand of inkjet printable vinyl, so I tried that.  It was a total flop--it didn't iron on nearly as well as the Cricut brand.  I will definitely be getting some more printable iron on from Cricut and keeping it in my stash.  If I were not such a hoarder, we wouldn't have these cute aprons!  And did you check the price of fabric???!  $12.99 a yard???!!  I am so glad I have fabric in my stash to last my old age!

Church lemonade stand is Sunday.   I will post pictures--it will be trey cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment