Thursday, July 1, 2010

Acetate Window cards

I have really enjoyed playing with acetate/transparencies lately. Here are two cards I worked up to show what can be done with acetate. The designs are not mine, however, They come from a book called Clear and Classy Cards from Design Originals featuring work by Sally Traidman and others. The card on the left uses confetti inside the window to create a see-through birthday candle. I used a Sharpie to color the designs on the acetate window--a copic was not strong enough to do this. The card on the right features a window "pocket" as the lower part of the card. I added tiny punched flowers as the confetti as well as some larger punched flowers. The larger flowers you can see through the window pocket are not in the pocket at all. They are attached to the back inside of the card. You are looking at them through the see-through window. Thank you, Design Originals, for these fun ideas! All stamps by Hero Arts.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the combination of acetate and shaker cards...I will need to check out more details on that technique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete