Thursday, March 24, 2011

This card is a replica of a design I saw in a magazine called Paper Creations.  When I was designing cards for the Hero Arts Club featuring reverse stamps, I luckily happened across an article featuring this card and several other cards using Hero Arts reverse stamps.  I owned this flower stamp, so I set about re-creating this card.   Once I figured out the measurements, the execution was simple--the image is stamped on Basic Grey woodgrain red paper with white pigment ink and then heat embossed.  The paper it is stamped on lends color to the image, like the duck card I presented previously, but very striking because of the size of the open space in the stamped image.  And then the image is just layered with white, red, and black to make a very dramatic card.  One thing I had never thought of doing--only the bottom half of the white mat is embossed with the raindrop Cuttlebug folder, and then the red ribbon separates that area from the top unembossed area, which can then be stamped!  Very clever!  Thank you, Paper Creations, for a lovely card idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment