Monday, March 14, 2011

This tag card uses an image transfer of scrapbook paper onto Stickyback canvas.  Consequently, the transferred image is lighter than the original image.  I backed the transferred canvas wtih black card to make it stand out.  I did this process only to show the technique--I think using the actual paper would be much more effective on the card.  It does have an interesting texture, however.  I am going to put Diamond Glaze on my little circle punches--I like this Fibermark paper punched---very cool how the pieces just fit together like a puzzle.  I wish I had colored the gear embellishment with alcohol ink first--it wouldn't have appeared so washed out against the transfer.  I think this card could be used for a "I'm late..I'm late.." for a belated birthday card.
I have wanted to use my Clearsnap foil for a long time--I just never liked the adhesive transfer choices that were available.  So I made my own adhesive image--using sticker paper and a xyron (if you are coming to Tagalicious Tuesday tomorrow I'll show you how I did it!)  I tried running red line tape through my Cuttlebug with the Tim Holtz letter die--it did not cut cleanly.  I bet the Vagabond would have worked to make a better cut.  The only thing is--that tape is so sticky I kept getting stuck to it and couldn't get loose!  However, I was successful finally in the process I chose, and I really like how the letters pop with the gold foil.  Now I know how I can make whatever image I want for foiling and not depend on manufacturer's whimsy!  Oh, the paper you ask?  The cut-outs are from Graphic 45 new Cirque paper--tres chic, no?  The background of the tag is doctored up aged mahogany distress ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment