Monday, July 25, 2011

Tagalicious Tuesday


I wanted to capture the look of straw on this very simple tag. So I used a Tim Holtz stamp of lines to simulate the "straws", stamped and embossed. Then I went over the embossed image with butterscotch paint dabber--it was the perfect color! The Graphic 45 scarecrow image "makes" the tag--very little else was needed--an appropriate sentiment, a couple of crows here and there, and some raffia to get us in the mood of the cornfield. If I only had a brain!


I made a bird on this tag, but I can see other stencil ideas coupled with various "label" words. I used the mini label die from Tim Holtz as well as a Memory Box border die. I plan on using stickles on the SING, but I will put them on before I go to bed (whenever that will be!) The medallion at the tag top is Deadbeat stamped and embossed with blue Zing embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment