Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hero Arts Club


I hope you decide to join us at our monthly Hero Arts Club at Stamp Antonio this Thursday or Friday. We have a request to do projects "with one stamp". So I am going to show various techniques to use large background stamps. I made the cards in the picture above today to show the techniques. The stamp used was "Large Lotus Blossom". I used Ranger Perfect Pearl Mists, heat embossing, adding glitz with Stickles and Spica glitter pens and dressed up a couple of the cards with little flowers. Basically I will take participants on a little journey of techniques. It's fun to sit down with one stamp and see what you can create! The stamp begins to take on a "character" with various quirks and possiblities, and I find I begin to appreciate the stamp more the more I work with it. Hey, maybe "less is more" is really true. Up til now I have been going with "She who dies with the most stamps wins!" Now for the real test--I am going to repeat the techniques with a different stamp and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment