Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tagalicious Tuesday


C is for Cat! I knew I wanted to make a tag with this adorable new Graphic 45 paper featuring school! I paired the papers with a Magenta Cat of the Month (This is Kashmir Katten--have I shared his story with you?). The large letter stamp is Technique Tuesday--I have had them for years and rarely use them, but they are fabulous for scrapbooking. I think the schoolchildren heard about Kashmir from one of his famous sea voyages--I am sure he made the news and more than one little school boy most likely wants to run away to sea with him (at least that might sound better than sitting in a chair all day learning his abc's!


This sweet little tag was inspired by the bead stamp from Deadbeat. It screams "flapper!" to me. The photograph is of my Great Aunt Elizabeth--always full of life and ready to go dancing! This card would be fabulous for a birthday or celebration of any kind. The sentiment could just as well say "Enjoy!" or "Ooh la la!" or "Celebrate!" (all of course in my stamp collection in various renditions). I printed her photograph on Tim Holtz' glassine paper and then carried the glassine over to the border of the card. I love how the glossy finish of the glassine adds to the sparkle of the embossing powder. The embossing powder (Extreme Peacock and Pastel from Judikins) makes the magic on this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment