Sunday, March 11, 2012

Outlines March Sketch Challenge 42

This little card celebrates Outlines Sketch challenge for this week.  Here is the link:
  For the central image, I stamped Background Daisies (I129) twice onto glossy cardstock--first with Alabaster Fluid Chalk Ink from Colorbox and next with Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk Ink.  I then inked all over the Alabaster stamped image with the Prussian Blue inkpad and wiped off the excess, leaving a "ghost" image of the daisies.  I then cut each of the stamped images into 1" squares (love those inchies!) and placed them in alternating format onto a 4" square of Be Creative double sided tape.  (You could just glue each down in turn onto cardstock, but I wanted to do it fast!).  After making sure all the images were squared up I rounded the corners and placed the stickered image onto a 4 3/4" square card.  I love the way the daisy images rotate from square to square!  For the "ribbon" I again inked a 1" wide strip of glossy cardstock with Prussian Blue ink, wiped off the excess, and cut a ribbon wedge onto the end.  I then used some of the leftover "inchies" to decorate the inked strip.  The sentiment in Outlines B540, which I inked only the sentiment, leaving out the decorative square outline.  A little paper flower completes the card.  I like to stick to the true "sketch" so my cards are usually a little simple but with a lot of stamping!  Here is the original sketch:
Thank you for looking, and thank you Outlines for this super fun sketch!


  1. Jane, this i such a neat idea and interesting way to use this stamp! I love it! The blue and yellow is a great combo! You followed the sketch to a "T"! Thanks for playing along with Outlines this week!

  2. Very cool idea! I'll have to try it sometime. I seem to be afraid of cutting up images...

  3. What a creative use of your stamps! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Outlines! ♥ Sue Kment

  4. Jane,
    Your card is very unique.
    Cutting up the image and re-arranging it keeps one looking.
    I like how you moved from square to rectangles on the lower tag.