Sunday, March 11, 2012

Road Trip March 10, 2012


Yesterday in Austin, at the Archiver's store, the All Things Tim Texas group gathered to shop, have fun, and crop in their workroom.  You can see in the picture above the loot I acquired.  I am still looking for things for St. Patrick's Day, ergo the shamrock Quickutz die (yes, I am one of the few who bought the cute little Revolution die cut machine), a Celtic design shamrock stamp from Inkadinkado, and some green Stampendous circles to glitter around.  I also got a set of the Idea-ology gear embellishments and a Tim Holtz stamp set from Stamper's Anonymous.  I used both of these, along with my recently acquired Route 66 set, to make the tag featured in the picture.  (Yes, I altered the Route 66 to say Route 35, of which I still have flashbacks from driving.)  Of course was my face red, because my tags weren't ready for the swap and everybody else had beautiful tags done.  I foolishly thought I could use the time at Archiver's to make the tags.  My time was really taken up with talking, eating, talking, shopping, talking, more shopping, and more talking!  I will finish and get to Stepanie and see if she can get them to the attendees.  BTW the tags I received were awesome.  I was totally blown away by the artistic quality.  I wanted my tags to be a reminder of the event, especially since they would be after-the-fact.  You can also see some other items I got--some new pool accessories, which I am slowly adding to my collection, and the wonderful cutting mat from Making Memories.  We actually used these mats at Archiver's--each place setting had one.  They are really a bargain at $20 each.  What sold me is the fact that I liked seeing the lines under my clear blocks to line up my stamps.  This will be a very useful addition to my crafting area.  (Yes, the pool stuff was fluff, but I like the color--this mat will actually help me do better projects.  You can also see some of the stuff Stephanie (a big thank you to you, Steph, for organizing this event!) put in the prize bags--some grungeboard, some older Distressables Tim papers, and a new Ranger gluestick.  I won the Idea-ology Tim book with bag in a door prize drawing!  How many ways can you say "Awesome!"  Not only did I get this great stuff, I met and got to play with fabulous people!  Thank you all for a super time!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time. I have gone to the first two gatherings, but was unable to go this pat time. Hopefully we will get together again in the summer and I will there for sure. Look forward to meeting you.
    Blessings, denise :D
    http://tomorrowstreasurestoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete