Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gearing Up


This week I am playing around with borders and backgrounds, in preparation for my class this Saturday.  I wanted to use this gear stamp (in orange above) from Stampabilities.  I had this image of large colorful gears arising from the smaller gears in the stamped image.  Alas, no large gear stamp!  No gear chipboard shapes! No gear die or punch!  But wait--I did have a gear die--from Tim Holtz, and it was perfect!  Well, not perfect--it was an on the edge die--I still haven't invested in his larger gear shape (which I do see coming to my craft room soon, along with lots of robot stuff--don't ask me why).  The only problem with this die was that it did not cut out a complete gear shape--only the tops.  I played around with forming a complete gear shape from two cut ones--that didn't look so good.
     But actually, the on the edge die did work, as you see in the project above.  I cut the shape in various primary colors and added them to the card--on the edge!  Success!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    I think the "on the edge" dies worked perfectly for this card. Great work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Jane! I love the bright happy colors you used with the gears. Thank you for your comment on my blog and I hope you had a joy filled birthday!!

    ReplyDelete