Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Colorful Flamingo


Happy Summer!  And this cute little flamingo is coming your way to help you enjoy the beach, vacation, picnics, ice cream, or whatever helps you beat the heat this summer.  I loved coloring this little guy with my Copic markers.  That's a good thing, since I had to color three or four images of the flamingo to layer it properly!  There are three distinct layers to the flamingo, each one held in place with dimensional tape.   And no, you are not seeing things!  I did "alter" the image by adding a few extra leaves in extra places.  I wanted very lush foliage!  The central flamingo image and green border are cut with Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies.And thank you, my little Cricut!  I cut the white lacy background from the Cricut Paper Lace cartridge.  I think it is called Blossom1, and I cut it at 5 1/4".  I also cut the label for the sentiment from Accent Essentials, altering it in Cricut Craft Room to make it fit the sentiment better.  I added a layered flower and some pearl accents with the Viva Decor Salmon Pearl Pen.  If I can't go to Disney World this summer, I can at least color my world as if I were there!





1 comment:

  1. I love the flamingo! How cute. The colors you chose are so cheerful. Whoever receives this card will be smiling all day.

    ReplyDelete