Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tulip iris folding



This iris folded tulip pattern came from a book called 460 Iris Folded Cards to Make:  The Complete Iris Folding Compendium.  All sorts of patterns--kites, cherries, balloons, cats, you name it, there is a pattern for it.  The tulip iris was fun and easy to make.  I do wish I had chosen a darker green for the leaves, but I was using paper I had on hand.  I think the Martha Stewart edge punch and the Magenta Peel and Stick strips make the central tulip focus really stand out.  One thing I will have to work on--the bulk of the folded image.  This card is really 3 dimensional, because of that bulk.  I saw several origami papers at Hobby Lobby--I think those would be thinner than scrapbook papers, but not the variety.  I think specialty papers would be the way to go--the thinner the better.  Now let me think--don't I have some of those in my stash too?!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great tulip card, Jane. I love the colors you used with the paper folding. That book you mentioned sounds amazing, I would love to see it sometime. Hope you have a good class today at Hobby Lobby, and a great weekend afterwards. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being surrounded by renowned schools including Cedar Primary School, Maris Stella
    High School (Primary), and the St. Andrew's Village suite of Kindergarten to Junior College education. the interlace condo

    ReplyDelete