Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Fiesta!




Gettin' happy with die cuts! I used the Scallop Circle 3D die from Sizzix to jazz up the inside of this Happy Fiesta card.   This circle (cut from purple as shown in the picture above) allows you to have an instant pop up card.  I embellished the pop up structure with several colorful  die cuts using the Cricut and the Accent Essentials cartridge.  I stamped Ole! with an alphabet set and added it to the lower pop up shelf.  The papers on the outside of the card are available from Hobby Lobby, as is the circle die.   This card was tres fun to make and give.  I love the look on people's faces when they opened up this card!  I hope you are having a Happy Fiesta week!  Did you have a holiday today?  I know the schools were out and several businesses so the employees could enjoy all the fun.  I enjoyed a Fiesta dinner last evening with friends and ate way too much! The meal was delicious--chicken fajitas, beans rice, pico de gallo, guacamole, and all the chips and chocolate you could ask for!  I think the food and the colorful decorations are the best part of Fiesta here in San Antonio.  Hooray for food, fun, and friends!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Fiesta, Jane! The bright colors are perfect for SA this time of year. And I love the pop-up element inside. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Pop-Up card, Jane! I love all the little do-dads you cut with your Cricut. I have been using mine quite a bit lately, too. I spelled out the word "Fiesta" and cut some guitars to put on Fiesta type cards. Have a great weekend!

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete