Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stamp a Faire: Ancient Rome

Our first stop along the Stamp a Faire was Ancient Rome.  I viewed some excellent videos by Lizzie Jones at the Paper Trey Website on using frescos and mosaics as inspiration for cardmaking.  Here is the link: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2014/08/saf-2014-explore-ancient-rome-with-lizzie-jones.html
I worked on the fresco technique.  Here is my somewhat finished card:

I used an older Magenta giraffe stamp that I really like.  I think the Romans knew about giraffes!  Anyway, the Roman inspiration is in the fresco technique.  I loved watercoloring over the embossing paste!  I had never done this before and I made several panels.  I used Tim Holtz Distress watercolor markers in Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Forest Green, Pine Needles, and Spiced Marmalade.  The challenge stipulated that we had to use at least one Paper Trey ink supply in each project, and I have only two sets of these, so coming up with an idea was a challenge.  I used the sun from the Shakers and Sprinkles set and the sentiment from the County Fair set.  The background is scrapbook paper I have had forever and looks good with a hot sun and giraffes.  Thank you, Lizzie Jones, for this technique.  I guess an old stamper like me can still learn some new techniques!

1 comment:

  1. Your card turned out fabulously, Jane! Very clever to use the starburst from the Shakers & Sprinkles kit as the sun! Thank you so much for playing along today!

    ReplyDelete