Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's about that time of year. . .

when I start thinking about Christmas.  I have been playing around with my Accucut Christmas tree flip album die--not really happy with my efforts so far, but I've been practicing.  Here is what I have so far:


This is the outside of the tree album.  I wish I had put the red tinsel trim actually on the edge of the scallops.  What was I thinking?  And I sewed the jingle bells onto ribbon and then hot glued the ribbon at the edge of a scallop.  Not a good idea!  I need to wire these on and punch holes in the scallop edges so they will actually jingle.  Also needed:  lots more bling.  I used a lot of K and Company pre-made diecuts for embellishment.


My major gripe with this album is that it is really too small for pictures, and I think that is the whole point of an album!  So I have really thought hard about how to add pictures.  This page shows how I put a Tim Holtz Sizzix ornament die to good use as a photo frame.


And the inside of this largest page shows a mini album I inserted to hold more pictures.  The red mini album is about 3" x 3" and is just folded pages that will flip so I can add pictures.  Then the album is just glued onto the page.  The previous page shows a green pocket that holds red tags for more pictures and journaling.  I have a few other ideas up my sleeve for how to continue to add space for pictures while keeping the whole album highly embellished, like a Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment