I did not have the "time" to enter this challenge during the event, but the challenge was posed to me just the same. Here is the first card I made years ago, featuring a cute little elephant stamp from Stampendous and a portion of a stamp featuring a balloon:
There are a couple of things wrong with this card:
1. The background, while a pretty pink, is too stark and empty.
2. I used a non-waterproof ink stamping the paper-pieced elephants, and the ink ran with the adhesive I used.
3. I had originally glued beads for the eyes of the elephants. The adhesive did not hold the beads properly and they all fell off, leaving an ugly mess of adhesive behind.
On the other hand, there are a couple of things right with the card:
1. The paper piecing is attractive and neatly done, except for the unfortunate adhesive.
2. The balloons are popped up, giving some dimension to the card.
So here is my re-make:
I decided to use a texture folder to add some dimension to my overall background.
I kept the balloons popped up, and I like the paper peicing, even though I had to use different prints. I changed the yarn to baker's twine (a more timely choice). But the main difference is in my choice of ink. This time I used a waterproof ink! Live and learn! BTW, you can't really see in the scanned image above, but the piece is mounted on a pink card. Also, this time I omitted the beads for eyes. I do know this is going to a little girl, but I don't know how old she is--I don't want her choking on the beads in case they inadvertently get removed!
Products used: elephant stamp (Stampendous, balloon stamp (All Night Media)--neither of these are still available, baker's twine, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Stampin' Up Cardstock, The Paper Studio cardstock, various scrapbook papers (unknown), Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Zig Two Way glue pen, Glossy Accents, dimensional adhesive