Monday, March 23, 2015

I hope your day is blooming pop up card




I made several cuts using the Cricut Everyday Pop Up Cards cartridge to make this card.  Three cuts are used for the outside of the card:  the window box, the flowers, and the stems.  OK--I used a punch for the yellow flowers!  The sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink.
       Here is the inside of the card:



I found a wonderful tip on an internet blog which recommended glueing the flower stems to the window box, rather than have them flop around inside the window box, as the directions from Cricut state.  When I used the Cricut directions, my flowers did not pop up, they just lay flat.  With them glued to the backside of the window box (an extra piece glued to the front of the pop up) the whole structure pops up properly.  
    Below is a side view so you can see the pop up structure:


I used Stampin' Up cardstock, which cuts nicely on the Cricut and is crisp enough to show off the pop up.  The wood texture stamp is from Hero Arts.

I hope you have a blooming day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment