Thursday, August 25, 2016

We all Scream for Ice Cream!



I love my new Hero Arts Ice Cream Layering Stamp!  Plus, I am in the mood lately for ice cream.  I have decided to have ice cream rather than cake for the September birthdays at church, and I think I will have the children offer the toppings for the ice cream.  For some reason we haven't had our annual ice cream social so this will be a good substitute.

For the card above, I stamped the cone in Clearsnap Chestnut Roan chalk ink and added the details with Clearsnap Dark Brown chalk ink.  I stamped the ice cream itself in Clearsnap Orchid and Lime chalk inks and added details with Clearsnap Pinkolicious and Grasshopper Archival Dye inks.  I did not purchase the coordinating dies for this stamp set, but the cones and ice creams were easy to cut out by hand.  I must have made about 20 ice cream birthday cards!

The kraft background oval die is from Spellbinders.   I nearly had a heart attack embossing the oval kraft die in my Tim Holtz Vagabond machine--I must have used too thick of a sandwich and nearly got stuck--I only was successful by pressing the Go button every little bit, letting the machine rest between presses, and little by little, inch by inch I did get the sandwich to move until all was clear--close call, that one!  I will have to be really careful of my sandwich in future.

 I stenciled the confetti background from a Hero Arts plastic stencil onto white card with regular Dreamweaver's embossing paste and then added color with Tsukineko pigment ink cubes.   A little bit of Prismaglitter later and a cherry on top completed my Happy Birthday Ice Cream cone card!

You can't see the inside of the card in this photo, but I also filled the inside of the card with ice cream cone, too!

Now, let's have some ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment