Friday, March 3, 2017

Colorful Birthdays!


Those of you with January and February birthdays will know I am a little behind in my birthday card making!  I may have caught up!  Take a look at these colorful creations!  They are made with the Richard Garay 3D embossing folders I saw on a blog post from Laura Bassen for Simon Says Stamp.  I was so taken with the images I had to search high and low for them, since they are a discontinued product from Spellbinder's.  This rosette embossing folder was part of set released by Spellbinder's some years ago as part of a birthday set of related images, including stamps and papers.  I also found the two other embossing folders in the set online and will post my creations made from them in future.  Here is a link to the Laura Bassen video that showcases how she colored these images.  Her video was my inspiration for these cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgiyVwvh5h4&index=57&list=PLV4sFhcxLIHLf9ORS9T1NYaYdGq5kWFvo

I used Distress Inks for most of the coloring, but also used Tombow and Copic markers for some of the brighter images.  I found that using a heavier weight paper really helped the images pop, and for these I actually used a glossy cover stock I have had for some time.  The glossy paper really holds the ink.

Aren't these fun!!  I am so excited about my new 3D embossing folders!  I also got a leaf one from Sizzix and some from American Crafts that have geometric designs.  I think they will all make beautiful cards.

Happy Birthday, in case I missed yours this year.  Have fun stamping!


1 comment:

  1. These are very cheery birthday cards! Love the colors and the fun embellishments too! Great job having a stash of them ready! I can't wait to see what you make with your other new embossing folders. These would fit the Just for Fun Rubber stamps birthday challenge for March, if you are intersting in linking it up. TFS!

    ReplyDelete