Monday, May 9, 2011

Tagalicious Tuesday

Hello, friend! I thought I'd share some pretty flowers on a tag with you today! Now where did you see something like this, I wonder? Yes, check the back cover of the Hero Arts 2011 Spring catalog and you will see my inspiration for this project. Simple stamping with Clearsnap chalk inks (except for the lime--my chalk lime "died" so I used pigment lime instead.) I love this shabby chic look! The paper is from the "Sweet Threads" paper pad from Basic Grey. Participants in the tag class will choose a paper from the collection to use for the background and the "applique" flower. So many to choose from! And they all look like antique fabric!


This tag features fairies, the second fairy card in our tag card series. This tag was achieved with multiple steps, beginning with inking and misting, then adding a laminate transfer of a Graphic 45 postcard, and it goes from there! The glass slide uses the "ghosting" technique with Ranger archival ink. The side stamping on the card uses Psychedelic embossing powder from Judikins, which really shines on the black pigment ink. And thank you, Ruth, for the lovely ribbon embellishment! It is perfect for this tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment