Monday, May 30, 2011

Tagalicious Tuesday

This tag I guess qualifies for "steampunk" as a theme--I liked the quote (from Tim Holtz stamp set) and I think the images illustrate. I like to think of the Tennyson poem "Flower in a Crannied Wall" as I am adding images of all the metal and "confining" materials that structure our world. In this tag neither the bird nor the flowers can be confined, as our spirits and dreams cannot be confined. However, our physical world is dependent on technology and therefore, gears and metal and enclosures must exist as a substrate for building toward our dreams and hopes, which always remain spiritual and heaven-reaching.

1 comment:

  1. Jane, I just LOVE this tag! Thanks for another inspirational day!

    Flower in the crannied wall,
    I pluck you out of the crannies,
    I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
    Little flower -but if I could understand
    What you are, root and all, and all in all,
    I should know what God and man is.

    ReplyDelete