Monday, November 5, 2012

Glittered Holiday House Cricut Card


The card above was designed to use a leftover piece of acetate transparency I had from my Saturday Cricut class.  I cut the base card (which features the giant window with the garland trim) from the Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge from white card.  I cut a piece of transparency to fit the window, adhered it to the inside, and stamped the acetate with white snowflakes with Stazon opaque white ink.  I cut the holiday house  from white, kraft, blue, pink, and green cardstock, cut out the pieces I needed from each color, and pieced my holiday house using the kraft as the background.  The holiday house, fully pieced, was then sent through the Xyron machine, right side down to get the adhesive on the front.  I then covered the adhesive with iridescent glitter and adhered it to the inside of the card behind the transparent window.  For the front of the card, I punched a blue piece of cardstock with a Martha Stewart doily punch, sized it and added it to the bottom.  Hey, if my house can have a pink roof it can have blue "snow"!  I then added a small glittered tree to the front.  I covered the garland with White Pearl pen.  Look!  A storybook scene that could come straight from a fairy tale!  I hope you have a magical holiday season this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment