Monday, January 26, 2015

Chalkboard look mini book


I have wanted to make a chalkboard-look mini book for a long time, and I have been collecting supplies in a box for a few months.  I really like how this little book turned out.  I only have this one picture since this was a gift and I forgot to photograph.  I hurriedly took this photo with my cell phone in the car before putting it back into the gift bag.
     I used chalkboard papers from MAMBI plus solid chalkboard colors from DCWV.  I used the flip book die from Accucut to make the chipboard pages and then covered the chipboard with the die cut papers with Mod Podge.  The girl on the cover is a Cricut cut from the cartridge called Forever Young.  She cut fabulously and was the perfect cover piece.  The embossed words on the front are part of the MAMBI paper.
     This album was extremely fun to decorate.  I loved using the little enamel dots on the punched scalloped border.  I made the red ribbon with my new Bow It All and used red line tape to adhere it in place.  It does not go around the page because of the design of the backside.  It instead adheres only to the front of the page.  I held the book pages together with black rings from 7 Gypsies and decorated the rings with neon colored ribbons from American Crafts.
     This album is a birthday gift to a teen age girl who has a ponytail just like the girl on the front of the album.  I hope she enjoys adding her pictures.  You can't see the little additions inside, but I backed  MAMBI foil and glitter blackboard pocket sayings with the DCWV colored cardstocks and put several pockets inside to which pictures can be added.
     I will definitely be making some more chalkboard projects.  This one was too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment