Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Wishing You a Whale of a Good Time Pop Up



This card was really fun to make, and I think pretty fun for a special little someone to receive.  I think it could be appropriate for a birthday card, especially for a birthday visit to Sea World!
     Again, I made the interior and then had to think a while for what to put on the outside of the card.  As you can see, my trusty oval die cuts and computer have come to the rescue for a third time!  I hope I won't get in a rut about those oval dies!
     This card is an actual A2 size card, blue for the "water" background.  I cut the whale pop up three times at 4.5" x 8.653":  Blue, black, and white.  I then worked out how I wanted my whale pieced and glued the pieces together.  I think he came out having a little "angry" expression.  I will see if next time I can make him happier looking!  But the piecing and folding did work out properly.  Again, I used temporary adhesive and a trial card base to get him situated properly.  The pop up slots are folded right onto the background card, inside the "water" circle.
     The outside of the card uses the "Get Whale" shadow option.  I cut off the "Get"part of the cut after cutting in white.  I also cut one in black so I could piece the whale's tale on the sentiment.  The sentiment was cut 4" x 1.11" to fit at the the bottom of the portrait style A2 card.  I added Stickles glitter glue in True Blue for the water on the cut sentiment.  I mounted the entire front onto a red background before adding to the blue card base.  I wish you could see how cute this card turned out in "real life"!  It all works so properly and is what I think of as a true "pop up" card.

No comments:

Post a Comment