Monday, January 19, 2015

Pop Up #2 Crown



Here is the second Pop Up card I created with Cricut Everyday Pop Up Cards cartridge.  Again, I made the interior before even thinking about the exterior.  One thing I did learn, however--I liked the idea of putting the pop up slots underneath a separate sheet.  That way the pop up appears as if by magic!
     This card ended up being a little thick however, so next time I make it I will have to include a ribbon or magnet to keep it closed.  One reason for the thickness is that I used a fabric lace ribbon and rhinestones.
     This crown was cut at 11" long and 3.458" wide from gold cardstock.  It didn't quite fit into an A2 card size, so I made a card 4.5" x 6.5"  The separate card that serves as a base for the crown is an A2 size.  The pop up mechanism was very easy since it involves a single fold and two notches that turn down.  The important part was situating it properly on the base so it opens into an almost circular shape.  I used temporary adhesive on a trial base before deciding where to cut my slots for the notches to fit into.
     The outside of the card is a simple panel of scrapbook cardstock with a band of ribbons covering the base front of the card.  I added some computer generated sentiments inside and out, die cut with ovals.  I added a Hero Arts crown image heat embossed with gold pigment ink and powder.
     Voila!  A birthday card fit for a queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment