Saturday, June 10, 2017

Konnichiwa!


Hello, everyone!  I am sharing a little card today I made from some new dies and some older stamps.  I needed to order from the Frantic Stamper (they seemed to be the only ones that had the stamp I wanted, not pictured here) and I saw their cute little Japanese girl die.  I love this die!  Here is the link:
  http://www.franticstamper.com/Frantic-Stamper-Precision-Die--Kokeshi-Japanese-Paper-Doll_p_139240.html

It's part of a release called "Visions of the East".  So cute!  And let me tell you more--Even though it is a thin metal die, you don't actually have to cut it apart to use it.  It is tiny, so you are not wasting much paper by cutting the whole die each time you need a section.  I really hate cutting off and filing all the poky metal parts on thin steel dies that are on the market.  I would rather pay more and have each part pre-cut, smooth, and ready to go.

For these cards, I cut the girls from white cardstock, black cardstock for their hair, and washi paper I have collected over the years.  The washi was a little more difficult to cut because it is fibrous--I had to use a shim to ensure clean cuts.  Oh, I used my Vagabond to cut these pieces.  After all pieces are cut, it is fun to mix and match hair and dress colors.  (Remember playing Color-Forms when you were little?!)

I placed the girls onto my new weaving die cuts, the one from Inky Antics (see my blog post about my graduation card, below).  For the card on the left, I used quilling papers to do the weaves, but I only had 1/8" thick quilling papers, so this was a lot of weaving!  For the card on the right, I cut 1/4" strips from pastel papers to do the weaving.  Much less stressful, and easier on my hands!

The parasol stamp was one from an older Hero Arts clear stamp set (no longer on the market) which I colored with Copic markers, and the sentiment I picked up at Hobby Lobby on sale some time ago.

Very much fun using these dies!  I think they could make cards for any occasions.


No comments:

Post a Comment