Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Looking 'round -- Are you here?


Here's lookin' at you kid!  I made the center card, pictured above, some time ago to use as a "missing you where have you been" card to send to my Children's Church kids that don't show up for a while.  I needed some more of these cards, not in pink (for boys) but I liked the design so I re-did in shades of orange and added an owl motif.  And I decided to augment the circle designs for each card with dimension.  I used a lot of circular "gem" rhinestones I had about and then went with my Ranger enamel accents for extra dimension.  I think the kids will really like these.  (Hopefully they won't in theory get one of these cards!)

The sunglasses images are cut from cardstock with my Cricut Explore.  The sunglasses image is available with the Cricut Access subscription (so handy--I never buy so-called cartridges).  The owl images and circles are cut with punches from scrapbook papers.  Such a fun design!  Oh, and I used metallic paper for the sunglasses lenses.

Thanks for looking!  When did you last play with your circle punches?  (I know you have them!)

2 comments:

  1. Super card! I love the motif with the glasses and the circles. You showed a great way to use a basic tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! I always like to see what I can use that's hiding in my craft room!

      Delete