Friday, April 20, 2012

Card Patterns Sketch 161

Here is Card Patterns Sketch 161:


And here is what I did with it:



I needed a "wedding" card for an upcoming class, so I used black and gold for my base.  The stripe cardstock is from Reminisce, and the gold metallic is Bazzill.  The interior scallop is Bazzill mirror gold, and the interior patterned circle is Autumn Leaves.  The die cut letter is Quickutz.   I couldn't wait to use my new Ornamental Iron 2 Cricut cartridge, so I cut some flourishes from black card.  The interiors of the flourishes looked like hearts, so I thought, how appropriate for a wedding!  I backed the "hearts" with pink card, and added a perfect sentiment from an older Hero Arts cling stamp set.  You never know what you are going to need!  The little dots of Pearl Pen from Viva Decor complete the project.  I can see this card made into other papers with different color schemes and maybe a central picture image, rather than a letter die cut.  This sketch is so versatile!  The best part:  I already have a vellum envelope to fit!













1 comment: