Thursday, April 5, 2012

Looking Clearly at Clearsnap: Easter Chick


 I wanted to do a card using pastel Easter shades, and this Hero Arts egg stamp and Easter chick were perfect!    Lots of background stamps used in the project, and lots of ink!   I used the Clearsnap Colorbox Petal Point Easter Eggs pigment inks, using Daffodil, Glacier Ice, Rosebud, Pistachio, and Thistle from that wheel of colors.   I first stamped the Easter Egg (Hero Arts Pattern Egg D5182) in several of these colors on a white card background.  I adhered this background onto an A2 card I made using WorldWin ColorMates Light Groovy Grape cardstock.    I then stamped Hero Arts G4131, Polka Dot Swatch in Thistle on separate white card and cut it out.  I then stamped the chick (Hero Arts H529 Flower Chick) onto the polka dot swatch with black dye ink.  I also stamped Hero Arts H1963 Large Background Shadow stamp in Daffodil onto separate white card.  I overstamped the chick onto this background with black dye ink and cut it out, adhering it to the stamped polka dot swatch image.  I also stamped Hero Arts E3479 Rectangle Stitched Edge Background in Glacier Ice and CG247 Fabric with Flower with Rosebud onto separate white cardstocks.  I stamped just the "clothing" onto those backgrounds, then cut out the parts I wanted and adhered them to my chick.  To build the card,  I adhered a yellow mat (Bazzill)  to the card background and added the layered chick to that mat.  A final Easter egg in Glacier Ice completes the card, and this chick is ready to roll!  In case you got lost in all the directions above, here is a picture of (well, most) the stamps I used and how I stamped each one to get an idea of how the chick is pieced together:


No comments:

Post a Comment