Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Looking Clearly at Clearsnap: Fiesta Wall Hanging


I wanted to use my Clearsnap Rollagraph supplies to create a miniature quilt, so with Fiesta fast approaching, I chose a couple of wheels and inks and got busy.    With the aid of the Rollagraph guide, I stamped out sombreros in purple ink and a primitive geometric design in red ink onto plain white muslin.  I then cut the rolled designs out and stitched them together in alternate strips.  I painted the designs with Smooch paint, using Siren, Banana Custard,  Sweet Melon,  Lettuce, an emerald green, and gold on the red strips, and I used Cape Cod, Azure, Plum, and the emerald green and gold on the purple strips.  I love how the Smooch seeped into the surounding muslin and dyed it shades of red and blue, while still leaving the lustrous metallic glimmer on the surface of the fabric!  The resulting appearance is that of lovely delicate handkerchief print.  Here is a closeup of the design:


I added borders of first a gold metallic rick rack then red fabric with a red seam binding.  To add to the unity of the design I spritzed white rick rack with Tea Party, Gingersnap, and a lovely shade of blue Smooch spritz and added this dyed rick rack around the design.  In the same way, I spritzed white flowers (Prima) with the same shades and added a little flower embellishment with happy colorful streamers.  With Fiesta coming up this is the perfect little wall hanging to use as a backdrop for displaying festive photos or souvenirs of fun times at the parades and fiesta events!  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a festive wall hanging for Cinco De Mayo. Drink a margarita for me.

    ReplyDelete