Friday, February 3, 2012

Shopping Spree!


Today was the "soft" opening of the new Joann's store at Bandera and 1604 in San Antonio. I, along with many others, have really been looking forward to this store opening. First of all, it is only a couple of miles from my house in a location I visit all the time. If I ever run out of adhesive, this store will be really handy! So, did I buy adhesive today? Not on your life! Today was a fun day. I met and saw many friends and acquaintances, crafters all, and it was fabulous looking at all the newly stocked shelves, pushing a brand new shiny shopping cart, with so many helpful employees around. The picture above shows all stuff I came home with, to augment my already bountiful stash. I got colorful craft felt, buttons, and silk flowers for my flower pins, and stuff for a St. Patrick's Day party I am planning. I was inspired by the pictures of the beautiful DCWV booth at CHA to get the peacock paper pad--totally useless for stamping but great for crafting. I got pink ribbons and vellum, both of which I found I was totally out of. I found some pretty tiny silk flowers which will look fabulous on some cards I am currently creating. I got some thick black craft foam, to make some shadowbox look projects. The tiny short sequin pins are for decorating the insides of the Valentine box you saw in a previous post--it will be fabulous! I got a Spellbinder's oval die to match my Spellbinder's scallop oval. Also, I got a graduated set of heart cookie cutters so I can make my filled cut out heart sugar cookies successfully! I got the set of round birdie stickers because they fit my style and were only $1. And I have wanted to try the Tack 'n Peel for some time--I am hoping that will help the cling stamps I own that never seem to cling. The products were great, but seeing all the super people I know was the icing on the cake! The hardest part was having to get up early for the 9 a.m. opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment