Thursday, February 2, 2012

An old toy re-discovered


Today my friend Alice and I played in my craft room. She brought the idea for this card that features use of a tool I had forgotten I owned! (Now, don't tell me you haven't done that!) It is the Making Memories Tag maker. First, we rounded the edges of a Hero Arts notecard and I stamped a Hero Arts lace background in Memento Rosebud ink to add a little interest to the background. The heart is cut from grungepaper and then covered with scrapbook paper (Echo Park). I then added a ribbon diagonally. I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts) with Memento Rosebud ink on pink card and used the template from the Tagmaker set to cut the tag. I used the tool to insert the paper into the metal tag frame, pressed, and voila! I had a very cute tag to add to my card. One thing I added--the metal tag frame seemed to have a little dent in the side, so I used my Tim Holtz texture hammer to add dents all over it! This added a little character to my tag. A few colored pearl gems and my card was finished! Thanks, Alice, for a fun day and a great idea for a card!

No comments:

Post a Comment