Sunday, February 26, 2012

Simon Says Challenge

 I created this tag for this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge.  The theme is Paris, London, or New York.  You can see the original post here:   http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2012/02/simon-says-stamp-and-show-take-your.html

Actually, I had originally designed the small tag in September for Tagalicious Tuesday.  We put the #5 tag onto an A2 card featuring Webster's Pages paper.  For this challenge, I recreated the small tag and put it onto a larger tag covered with 7 Gypsies paper and then overstamped with a postcard image from Hero Arts CL535 Carte Postale.  The small tag is an older Hero Arts collage stamp featuring the Eiffel tower.  I colored ivory cardstock with Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, and Forest Moss Distress Inks with the Ranger blending tool.  I then stamped the collage stamp with Ranger Archival Black and cut out the tag image.  I added a hole at the top of the tag to tie the ribbon and dangle an Eiffel tower charm.  I added Prima mini flowers to the left side of the tag and accented with gold seed beads.  I added a Graphic 45 Eiffel Tower stamp from their Curtain Call line of papers and backed the tag with black cardstock so it would show up against the background.  Finally, I added ribbon trim at the bottom which holds in place a gathered tulle border.  I made a charm for the top of the large tag using a Tim Holtz facet backed with more 7 Gypsies paper featuring Paris.  Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Jane, your tag is lovely! Actually a tag within a tag within a tag! :) I love the color, the layering and the pretty lace embellishments you used. Your flowers are really sweet and a nice dimensional addition as well. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely tag indeed with such a delicate green colour and great image of the Eiffel tower! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete