Monday, March 22, 2010

Here is a sneak peek of my March challenge entry for our Stamp Antonio Hero Arts club. I used three Hero Arts stamps: Engraved Daisy (CG142) , "Friend" from CL284, and "A friend is forever from CL046. I stamped the daisy in Memento black, and colored it with Copic markers R24, YR16, Y17, and YG25. I then cut it out with an oval scalloped nesting die from Spellbinders. I also cut the same size scallop from green gingham Amuse paper and a smaller oval scallop from green Hero Arts layering paper. I stamped the sentiments on the green ovals, curving the clear stamps to fit the shape of the die (I love that about clear stamps!) I used green chalk ink for stamping and went over the stamping with an olive Spica glitter pen. I stamped the three dot elements from CL284 in opposite corners with green chalk ink. I needed a design element in the small scallop above the curved sentiment, but didn't want to cut apart my dot stamp (LOL--if you know me you know I love to do this, too--clear stamps are so fun to alter!) So I used the eraser on the end of a new pencil! The exact size I needed, and it stamped beautifully! I just added a bit of lime glitter glue on the dots to get the final touch I needed for this project. You can't see it in the picture, but I raised the engraved daisy image with pop dots, and it looks great popped up above the other two ovals. I don't know what kind of color scheme this orange and green thing is, but I think the colors really make each other jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment