Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lovely in Lavender

I love color! But especially shades of purple and lavender. This card I made today makes me happy. I used an Outlines parasol stamp, colored it with Spica glitter pen and dressed it up with some of the same paper I used for the background--the American Crafts lavender texture paper. I am still imagining this paper done up in purses, but right now I am using it for the umbrella. The technique with the eyelets and ribbon is one I have used before, but really like. And Suze Weinberg's grape glitter glue makes the image pop. I had a lot of trouble figuring out what to do for a sentiment on the front of this card--I have several vertical sayings, each of which would have fit perfectly, but none went with the image of the umbrella. Looking through my clear stamp collection I found these little flowers with text from MSE. I hadn't used them in some time, but I think they fit perfectly! Now if I only had a punch rather than having to scissor each of them out (sigh!) And April is just about here!

1 comment: