Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wood Paper!

I made this card using the new wood paper from Creative Imaginations. Yes, it is actually thin sheets of wood with a paper backing. I stamped the border piece with light brown Ancient Page and a Hero Arts wood grain stamp. The label is a Hero Arts stamp image colored with Spica glitter pens. I tried coloring the flowers with copic markers, but they feathered. The pigment pens did not feather on the wood. The wood is so thin it can be cut with sharp detail scissors, but very intricate cuts are tricky. The sentiment is from Penny Black stamps. I did not get a good picture of the Teresa Collins tree transparency--too much reflection from my flash. I like the natural tone of this card, from the twine to the kraft card to the wood paper to the subject matter.

1 comment:

  1. I've been hoping someone would use that wood paper pretty soon! Nice job Jane!

    ReplyDelete