Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fiesta colors


This card is a re-do of a card I made a couple of years ago. It was originally done in pinks, but I wanted a fiesta theme, so I chose hot orange and bright yellow. I needed some fiesta cards for a class I did last Wednesday, and I really like how this turned out. The stamping is done with a discontinued Hero Arts blossoms set, coupled with a couple of colors of embossing powder (the orange powder really adds a punch to the card!). The center circle is a punch from Fiskars, and the edging reminds me of the colorful Mexican cutwork paper banners put out for fiesta. The Colorbox Sunflower pigment ink is very bright and cheery for the background. A few fun Prima flowers add the perfect touch. I hope everyone in San Antonio had a fun fiesta week with memories that will keep a touch of fiesta in your lives throughout the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment