Sunday, April 18, 2010

Simple Little Card

This simple little card is an example I did for our local Hero Arts Club at Stamp Antonio this past week. We looked at various resist techniques, and this one is an example of the chalk ink resist. I stamped the duck (Hero Arts) with alabaster chalk ink from Clearsnap onto glossy card. I then covered the stamping with burnt sienna chalk ink (patting, not rubbing, and you have to have a juicy pad). Since the duck is a reverse stamp, the burnt sienna really shows up the duck. I then cut the duck square out and mounted it onto a cantaloupe colored cardstock and then mounted that onto an orange folded card. (Before I cut out the cantaloupe piece I ran it through the computer and added a sentiment. ) I then just drew in squiggles with a black pigment pen around the cantaloupe piece for a small border. Simple card! Simple technique! Just remember: glossy cardstock, alabaster chalk ink, another chalk ink color on top. I would love to see your examples using this technique! Just add a comment to this post listing the URL where you have posted your sample. I can't wait to see what you have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment