Monday, April 19, 2010

More Resist Techniques: Crayon Resist

In the card above, I used the crayon resist technique to enhance the flourish background. I first stamped the flourish background (Hero Arts) with coal black Ancient Page dye ink (Clearsnap) on glossy cardstock. Be sure and let the background dry thoroughly before proceeding with the next step, which is to use a white crayon to follow the edges of several of the flourishes.The crayon resists the inks I then used to ink the background: Tim Holtz' new Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass (Ranger), which I sponged on with my blending tool. I like the drama of the black ink against the pastel blue and pink. The white crayon resist softens the look of the black just enough and gives it a slightly ethereal look. So, have you experimented with crayon resist? I would like to challenge you to play with this technique and share your stamping. Just leave a comment on this post, giving the url where your sample is located. Remember: glossy cardstock, dark dye ink background, crayon, softer dye inks sponged on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment